In this time of multiple uncertainties relating to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Loomis Law Firm is working to manage those unknowns as best as possible. Naturally, our #1 priority is the health, safety and well-being of our people, who are the very essence of our business. At the same time, please rest assured that we are strongly committed to continuing to provide our clients with the timely, effective advice and counsel to which they’ve become accustomed. We have developed and are continuing to work on protocols and contingency plans designed to allow us to continue serving our clients remotely, if need be, and we pledge to do everything we can to continue to meet your expectations.
In an effort to keep everyone as up to date as possible regarding Coronavirus, we are consolidating all the different sources of information together in one place. Below is a list of links that we feel are highly important:
– 2020-36 Protecting Workers Who stay Home
– 2020-26 Deadline to Pay Taxes Extended for Michigan Residents
– 2020-24 Temporary Expansion in Unemployment Eligibility and Cost-Sharing
– 2020-21 Shelter-At-Home
– 2020-18 Enhanced Restrictions on Price Gouging
– 2020-16 Expanding Child Care Access
– 2020-15 Remote Participation in Monthly Meetings/Hearings
– 2020-14 Extension of Deadline to Redeem Property for Nonpayment of Taxes
Department of Treasury Extending Tax Filing Deadline
FHFA Moves to Provide Eviction Suspension Relief for Renters in Multifamily Properties
Department of Labor Guidance on FFCRA – Questions & Answers
Department of Labor Guidance – Employer Paid Leave Requirements
Department of Labor Guidance – Employee Paid Leave Rights
Department of Labor Required Notice to Employees of FFCRA Rights
Department of Labor – Questions & Answers Regarding FFCRA Notice Requirements
OSHA/HHS Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
OSHA Summary of Standards & Directives Regarding Workplace Exposure to COVID-19
CDC Guidance for Business and Employers
Small Business Economic Relief
To provide immediate financial assistance to small businesses in the Tri-County region who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, the Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP) has been designated by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) to award up 60 grants in the amount of $10,000 each to eligible small businesses with 50 employees or less under the Michigan Small Business Relief Program.
Detailed information concerning this grant opportunity, including eligibility and application requirements, scoring criteria, and timelines can be found on the LEAP website at http://www.purelansing.com/businessrelief. The online application form is expected to be available at the link above by or before COB tomorrow (Friday, March 27) and the deadline for applications will be Tuesday, March 31.
Summaries of various orders, rules, acts, etc.
– Summary of Executive Order 2020-36, Protecting Workers Who Stay Home
– Summary of State of Michigan Executive Order No. 2020-21
– What ALL Employers Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
– Department of Labor FFCRA Guidance Update – 3/27/20
– Department of Labor FFCRA Guidance Update – 3/30/20
– Deadline to Pay Taxes Extended for Most
– Federal Tax Filing Dates Postponed – Questions Answered
– CARES Act and SBA Paycheck Protection Loan Program
– The Employee Retention Tax Credit
– Deadline to Pay Taxes Extended for Michigan Residents
Other Important Links
Please do not hesitate to let us know of any extraordinary protocols or procedures you have implemented at this time, as well, and keep us apprised as to any changes we need to make with respect to how we communicate with or otherwise provide service to you. Best wishes for continued health and safety for all of our clients, business partners and affiliates at this time.