Jack C. Davis
One of Michigan’s most respected attorneys, Jack C. Davis is a leader in both the business world and the community. As part of the firm’s Business Transactions, Real Estate, Business Entities and Tax Law Departments, Mr. Davis manages a large client base, providing expert legal counsel to corporate clients. He also practices in the area of sports and entertainment law. He has served on several international delegations to advise government leaders on trade and international tax matters for the development of a free market economy.
Mr. Davis devotes considerable time to making mid-Michigan a stronger region, through service to education, economic development and the arts. He is currently President of Lansing Rotary. He chaired the Regional Blue Ribbon Panel on Retention of General Motors and was a long-time member of the Lansing School District Board of Education (twice serving as President) and a former Chair of the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce. He has been Chair of the Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP). Mr. Davis, and his wife Sue, were awarded with the Outstanding Philanthropist Award in 2012 by Capital Region Community Foundation.
He earned a law degree at Harvard University and is listed in the 2016 Edition of Best Lawyers in America, as well as the 2015 Edition of Preeminent Lawyers. He has maintained that rating for over 25 years. He also has been listed in the publication of Super Lawyers. Mr. Davis also recently received the Lexis/Nexis Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability Award. Prior to joining the Loomis Law Firm in 1966, he was associated with Kirkland & Ellis in Chicago.
- Practice Areas
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the State Bar of Michigan and the American Bar Association
- Member of the Bar Association Sections on Taxation and Real Estate
- Member of the Ingham County Bar Association
- Member of the Fellows of the Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Recognition & Public Service
- 2016 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- 2015 Edition of Preeminent Lawyers
- Leo A. Farhat Outstanding Attorney Award by the Ingham County Bar Association (2014)
- Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP), Executive Committee and Chair
- Dorothy Beardmore Service to Education Award (2004)
- Greater Lansing Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Citizen Award (2003)
- Distinguished Citizen Award by the Chief Okemos Council of the Boy Scouts of America (2001)
- Lansing Education Foundation’s Outstanding Alumni Award (1991)
- Distinguished Volunteer Attorney Award by the Ingham County Bar Association (1991)
- Boys and Girls Club “Man and Boy Award” (1989)
- Founder and former trustee of the Lansing Community College Foundation, the Okemos Education Foundation, the Opera Company of Mid-Michigan, and Legal Aid of Central Michigan.
- Director of the Boys and Girls Club of Lansing
- Chair of the Regional Blue Ribbon Panel on Retention of General Motors
- Former Member and Chair of the Board of Education of Lansing Public Schools
- Member of the Lansing Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Panel on Lansing Public Schools and the “Ready to Succeed” initiative
- Past Chair of the Impression Five Museum Board of Directors
- Member of a delegation sent to China (1987), the former USSR (1989), and other former Eastern Bloc countries (1990), to advise government leaders on trade and international tax matters for the development of a free market economy
- Authored the article “The Purposive Approach to Interpretation of Sales Tax Statutes,” published in the Ohio State Law Journal in 1966
- Presented programs before the Ingham County Bar Association, the Institute for Continuing Legal Education, and various business and professional groups on tax matters and estate planning
- Recipient, with wife Sue, of the 2012 Capital Region Community Foundation’s Outstanding Philanthropist Award
- Recipient of the 2013 Greater Lansing Business Monthly Entrepreneurial Award
- Law School: Harvard University, L.L.B., 1964
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin, B.S., 1960 .