Kelly Reed Lucas
Kelly Reed Lucas was hired right out of law school in 1987 to work within the Firm’s oil and gas practice group. For more than 30 years, Ms. Reed Lucas has counseled oil, gas, and energy industry clients on a wide range of matters, from examining title and writing title opinions, to completing large due diligence projects in sales and acquisition transactions, to litigation in multiple oil and gas-related disputes in Michigan and Ohio (the latter being on a pro hac vice basis).
Loomis is one of the few law firms in Michigan to have a dedicated oil and gas practice group. As a member of the Loomis team, Ms. Reed Lucas regularly counsels energy industry clients on a wide variety of real estate and general business matters.
Ms. Reed Lucas is also experienced in Probate and Family law matters. She is a frequent mediator for the Greater Lansing Board of Realtors, working with parties as a third-party neutral to resolve their real estate-based disputes. She also mediates general civil and family law matters and is a court-approved mediator in several jurisdictions throughout the State of Michigan.
Always mindful of the “big picture,” Ms. Reed Lucas strives to provide clients with practical, comprehensive legal service at a competitive rate.
Ms. Reed Lucas earned her law degree from Hastings College of Law, University of California in 1987. She is a member of the Michigan Association of Professional Landmen (“MAPL”) and spoke on the topics of lady bird deeds and abolition of dower rights at MAPL seminars in 2017 and 2018.
- Oil, Gas, Energy and Natural Resources Law
- Real Estate Law
- Probate Law
- Transactional Law
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Ingham County Bar Association
- Member, Michigan Oil & Gas Association
- Member, Michigan Association of Professional Landmen
- Former Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Council of the State Bar of Michigan
- Former Trustee of the Board of Education for Vestaburg
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Lansing Art Gallery
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Dispute Resolution Center of Central Michigan
- Hastings College of the Law, University of California, J.D., 1987
- Central Michigan University, B.A. (cum laude), 1982