Karl L. Gotting
Karl Gotting’s practice areas include housing finance with an emphasis on low income tax credits and the sale and purchase of interests in affordable housing developments, historic preservation including the purchase and sale of federal and state historic tax credits, and the formation of limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
Mr. Gotting joined the Loomis Law Firm in 1966. He served in the U.S. Navy JAG from 1963 to 1966. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School and was listed in the Best Lawyers of America, adn was also named Best Lawyers’ 2014 Lansing Administrative/Regulatory Law Lawyer of the Year. Mr. Gotting was also listed in “Super Lawyers.”
Mr. Gotting is a past president of the Lansing YMCA and former board member. He was the recipient of the 2000 YMCA C. Colton Carr Volunteer of the Year award and the 2004 Camille Abood Distinguished Volunteer Award of the Ingham County Bar Association. Mr. Gotting is also a recipient of the 2011 Terrence R. Duvernay award recognized as a pinnacle for any career in the Affordable Housing industry.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Ingham County Bar Association
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Member, Michigan Housing Council
Recognition & Public Service:
- Fellow, Michigan Bar Foundation
- Past president, Lansing YMCA and former board member
- YMCA C. Colton Carr Volunteer of the Year award (2000)
- Camille Abood Distinguished Volunteer Award – Ingham County Bar Association (2004)
- Gotting is the author of several articles on affordable housing, which have appeared in the Michigan Bar Journal and the Journal of Affordable Housing and Community Development Law.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1962
- University of Michigan, B.B.A., 1958