Gabrielle C. Lawrence has prepared more than 2,500 estate plans for clients throughout the course of her career. She specializes in probate, estate planning, and trust administration, and has helped clients navigate the ever-changing areas of federal estate taxes and Medicaid eligibility. In addition to working with clients on basic medical and financial Powers of Attorney, Wills, and Revocable Trusts, Ms. Lawrence has written complex estate planning documents such as Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Charitable Remainder Unitrusts, and Qualified Domestic Trusts.
Prior to law school, Ms. Lawrence lived and worked in St. Amand-Montrond, France, and upon returning to Michigan investigated complaints of unlawful discrimination at the Michigan Department of Civil Rights. While attending Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Ms. Lawrence served on the Board of Directors of the Student Bar Association and served as Editor-in-Chief of The Pillar, Cooley’s student newspaper.
A Lansing native, Ms. Lawrence was appointed to the Lansing School Board of Education in February 2015, and currently serves as President. Ms. Lawrence is a sustaining member of the Junior League of Lansing, a member of the Rotary Club of Lansing, and a member of the Ingham County Bar Association. Ms. Lawrence maintains a longtime monthly restaurant review column for the Lansing City Pulse.
- Practice Areas
- Professional Memberships
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Ingham County Bar Association
- President, Lansing School District Board of Education
- Member, Junior League of Lansing
- Member, Rotary Club of Lansing .
- Recognition & Public Service
- Author, Monthly Restaurant Review Column for Lansing City Pulse
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 2012
- Michigan State University, (Interdisciplinary Studies and Political Science), 2005