Sara L. Cunningham
Sara LaFleur Cunningham handles a broad range of oil and gas matters, including regulatory matters and title work, as well as a diverse litigation practice in oil and gas, construction law, labor and employment law and business and commercial law.
Ms. Cunningham is admitted to the State Bars of Michigan and Ohio. Since 2010, she has provided legal services to the oil and gas industry including contract review, negotiation and transactional work, litigation, regulatory matters, and title work.
Ms. Cunningham has successfully managed a very busy litigation practice for several years. Ms. Cunningham has handled complex commercial business and construction litigation throughout Michigan.
Active in the community, Ms. Cunningham is a member of the Michigan Association of Professional Landmen (MAPL), Michigan Oil and Gas Association (MOGA), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), and the Athena Womens Interest Network (WIN). Ms. Cunningham also serves on the Board of MAPL since 2018. She is also a frequent volunteer in the East Lansing Schools and sits on the District Parent Council for East Lansing Public Schools.
Ms. Cunningham earned a law degree at the Ohio State University College of Law before joining the Loomis Law Firm.
- Oil and Gas Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Business Law
- Labor & Employment Law
- Administrative Law
- Real Estate Law
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, State Bar of Ohio (Inactive)
- Member, Ingham County Bar Association
- Member, US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Member, US District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Member, US District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Member, Michigan Association of Professional Landmen (MAPL)
- Board Member, Michigan Association of Professional Landmen (MAPL)
- Member, Michigan Oil and Gas Association (MOGA)
- Member, American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)
- Member, National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- Member, Athena Womens Interest Network (WIN)
Recognition & Public Service:
- Speaker, 2019 Professional Development Training for the Office of Minerals Management, Michigan Department of Natural Resources (September 24, 2019)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Energy & Natural Resources (2013 – 2016)
- Chair, East Lansing Human Relations Commission (2004-2011)
- Chair, East Lansing CDBG Advisory Committee (2006 – 2009)
- Member, District Parent Council, East Lansing Public Schools (Appointed in 2019)
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 2002
- Michigan State University, B.A., With Honor, 1999
Law and Social Science