Jeffrey L. Green
Jeffrey L. Green is a Shareholder of the Firm with 30 years experience in environmental, real property, including affordable housing, low income housing tax credits and historic preservation tax credits, condominiums, residential and commercial developments, oil and gas law, including negotiations with representatives of governmental agencies concerning natural resource and environmental matters, as well as negotiating liability among various potentially responsible parties under state and federal environmental liability and land redevelopment laws; representation of parties before the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency under numerous environmental and oil and gas laws; representation of oil and gas companies on field-wide and individual well disputes with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality and other potentially-responsible parties; representation of developers, owners, and investors of wind, biomass and other energy developments and negotiation of wind leases; negotiation and drafting of syndication documents and other documents for complex real estate transactions, and closing of transactions with private investors and lenders, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development (formerly Farmers Home Administration) and Michigan State Housing Development Authority.
Mr. Green joined the Loomis Law Firm in 1989 after practicing in Toledo, Ohio and Traverse City. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in biology from Syracuse University and his law degree from the University of Toledo. He is currently listed in the 2015 Edition of Best Lawyers.
- Practice Areas
- Professional Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association (Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law)
- Member, State Bar of Michigan (Real Property and Environmental Law Sections)
- Member of the Ingham County Bar Association
- Recognition & Public Service
- Member, American Red Cross, Blood Services, Great Lakes Region Board of Directors
- Vice President, The First Tee of Mid-Michigan
- Member and Former President, Downtown Lansing Optimist Club
- Member and Former President, Greater Lansing Jewish Welfare Federation
- Lecturer on real estate, condominium, environmental, and oil and gas law
- Co-author of “Landmen: Employees or Independent Contractors? Finding a ‘Safe Haven’” for the Eastern Mineral Law Foundation