Sara L. Cunningham
Sara LaFleur Cunningham handles oil and gas matters, including regulatory matters and title work, as well as a diverse litigation practice in oil and gas, construction law, labor and employment law and business and commercial law.
Ms. Cunningham is admitted to the State Bars of Michigan and Ohio. Ms. Cunningham has successfully managed a very busy litigation practice for several years. Ms. Cunningham has handled complex commercial business and construction litigation throughout Michigan.
Since 2010, she has provided legal services to the oil and gas industry including contract review, negotiation and transactional work, litigation, regulatory matters, and title work.
Ms. Cunningham also represents property owners in property tax appeals before the Michigan Tax Tribunal.
Active in the community, Ms. Cunningham is a member of the Michigan Association of Professional Landmen (MAPL), Michigan Oil and Gas Association (MOGA), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), and the Athena Womens Interest Network (WIN).
Ms. Cunningham earned a law degree at the Ohio State University College of Law before joining the Loomis Law Firm.
- Practice Areas
- Professional Memberships
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, State Bar of Ohio
- Member, Ingham County Bar Association
- Member, US District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Member, US District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Member, US District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Member, Michigan Association of Professional Landmen (MAPL)
- Member, Michigan Oil and Gas Association (MOGA)
- Member, American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)
- Member, National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- Member, Athena Womens Interest Network (WIN) .
- Recognition & Public Service
- Named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine in the area of Energy & Natural Resources (2013 and 2014)
- Chair, East Lansing Human Relations Commission (2004-2011)
- Chair, East Lansing CDBG Advisory Committee (2006 – 2009)
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 2002
- Michigan State University, B.A., With Honor, 1999
Law and Social Science .