Our firm has for many years represented clients who operate across international boundaries. Our international clients include foreign investment entities, energy and petrochemical companies, and businesses operating in the global economy. Attorneys at the firm have developed expertise in complex international financial and commercial transactions and can assist clients in establishing global markets. We have been International Trade Law (Import/Export)consulted by clients and governmental offices in connection with transactions in a number of nations, including Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, New Zealand, the Peoples Republic of China, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey and Zambia. Our attorneys have participated as members of commercial and professional delegations to the former Soviet Union, the Peoples Republic of China, and Eastern Europe to assist in the development of trade relations and commercial jurisprudence.
The services we have recently provided to international clients include:
- Structuring joint ventures between U.S. and foreign companies to acquire and construct manufacturing and other industrial facilities
- Acting as Buyer’s Agent for real estate purchased by foreign investors
- Corporate formation, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions for U.S. subsidiaries of international companies
- Obtaining local, state, federal and international permits for construction of international transportation facilities between the U.S. and Canada
- Advising and obtaining necessary permits for import and export of products
- Advising and working closely with financial and governmental institutions in connection with structuring international financial and commercial transactions